MiFID II - Navigating Intent
The implementation of the revised Markets in Financial Instruments Directive, or MiFID II, on January 3, 2018, will introduce many new responsibilities and obligations for all market participants.
In this webinar, a panel of experienced industry professionals will share their insights on the impact these will have on trade surveillance.
Join this webinar to find out:
- Where do MiFID II and the Market Abuse Regulation overlap and crucially, what are the different expectations from regulators in MiFID II?
- For venues, ranging from regulated markets to organized trading facilities, how will these new rules affect trade and communications surveillance and what do participants need to know?
- How can firms put in place a program of best practice ahead of January 3, and what will regulators be expecting in the short term?
- Where can technology assist with this, and can emerging technologies, such as artificial intelligence and its various subsets, including machine learning and natural-language processing, play a part?
- What are the operational cost and regulatory consequences of failing to comply with these requirements, and who is subject to them?
- What are the next steps that all firms need to take, in order to avoid these consequences?
This complimentary webinar hosted by WatersTechnology, Nasdaq and Digital Reasoning is live and interactive. During the webinar you can write into our expert panellists and submit any questions you have using our Q&A feature.