Numerix Webinar: FRTB - The Smoking Gun for Legacy Banking Technology
The Fundamental Review of the Trading Book (FRTB) has exposed an array of breakpoints in legacy approaches to technology architecture within banking. The most onerous of which is the need to reconcile the front and middle office. This new mandate, together with other parallel compelling initiatives, has pushed banks to fundamentally re-evaluate the ecosystem of legacy software and analytics in their arsenal, and explore new and more powerful hybrid technologies and methodological approaches that are open-ended, agile, transparent and correlate costs with benefits to gain a competitive edge in a constantly adapting future.
JOIN NUMERIX on Tuesday, December 13th 10am EST as featured speakers Sidhartha Dash of Chartis Research and Satyam Kancharla of Numerix review the challenges FRTB presents to legacy banking technology, then discuss the burgeoning approaches to banking infrastructure that can help firms comply with the demands of today and adapt to the challenges of the future.
Dash and Kancharla will discuss:
- RIP – The death of legacy systems
- A New Technology Philosophy - non-intrusive, small-grain, modular, hybrid, heterogeneous, agile, user driven
- Pythons and Pandas – The demand for open source ecosystems including micro-services and languages.
- The Delivery Decision – On site, SaaS, Cloud, Managed Service
- Accelerating Performance - GPU, Vectorization, AAD or grid
- Data Demands – SQL, NoSQL, unstructured, time series, graph databases, in memory, cubes
Attendance is complimentary, Registration is required. Space is limited, reserve your seat today!