IBM/Chartis - Panel discussion: Conduct risk best practice and implementation across the enterprise
Source: IBM - Risk Analytics
Conduct risk management is a rapidly evolving area in financial services. While there is no official definition, conduct risk management – which refers to the risk attached to the way a firm and its employees conduct themselves - is increasingly becoming a part of regulatory oversight and is likely to become essential for operational and business planning in the future. This panel discussion videocast on 1st October will unveil and discuss findings of a new study on Conduct Risk Management (one of several research papers in Chartis' The Risk Enabled Enterprise® research programme). Speakers will examine enterprise level conduct risk management in more detail, looking at best practices and the practical implementation.
Key focus areas of this discussion will include:
- The definition of conduct risk
- Criteria and priorities for implementing a strong conduct risk management process
- Understanding and building strong incentive system metrics to support conduct risk management
- Establishing conduct risk policies and procedures around products and services at the business line and operational level
- How to establish links between behaviors and consequences?