FRTB: Delivering on the promise of data-driven insights
With two years left to implement FRTB, banks of various sizes are finding the task difficult for very different reasons. A Chartis Research and IBM survey undertaken this summer revealed the three primary barriers to implementing effective solutions for FRTB aggregation and reporting are as follows:
- Technology and infrastructure constraints
- Lack of clarity on requirements
- Lack of available data
Looking into the survey results, it’s clear that whatever challenges the banks are facing they are determined to move ahead in embracing the various tenets of FRTB, not only for the inherent regulatory implications but but also for the competitive advantage banks can gain through robust solutions and informed strategies.
At our upcoming Risk.net webinar we will look at the survey results from several different aspects, including:
- Different approaches to redesigning infrastructure for FRTB
- Risk data aggregation
- Broader implications for a bank’s technology strategy?
- John M Anderson, Journalist, Risk.net
- Sidhartha Dash, Research Director, Chartis
- Neil Dodgson, Global Head, Customer Solutions Group, IBM